It’s natural for some people to experience sickness during long flights. Dizziness, nausea, sweating, and vomiting are only some of the sickness that one can have staying in an airplane for long hours. There are lots of ways to avoid or cure airplane sickness. Here are some of them:
- When you buy air tickets, make sure to choose a seat over the wing part of the plane.
This part of the plane has less movement compared to the others, so staying here will minimize the chances of you getting nauseous. It will also depend on other factors, such as the size of the plane. You will most likely feel dizzier in small planes since turbulence and movement are more noticeable.
- Choose a window seat.
You can reserve or ask for a window seat, which can help ease your dizziness during flight. During night time, try to take a nap since you can’t see anything from the window.
- Avoid eating heavy meals before boarding the plane.
Heavy food can make your stomach feel queasy during flight and can make you throw up. Just take a small meal before flight, preferably one that does not contain spicy or greasy foods.
- Take anti-nausea medications before flight.
This will help control the dizziness and will make you feel more rested during the trip. Most medications require you to take them an hour before boarding the plane.
- Stay hydrated during the flight.
Dehydration can cause dizziness and queasiness, so make sure to drink lots of water and juice while on board. Limit your alcohol and caffeine intake because this can make your skin dry.
- Put candy or crackers in your hand carry.
When you start feeling sick, you just eat these and you will feel better. Gums and ginger candy are recommended for those who have motion sickness.
- If you are suffering from diseases such as epilepsy or diabetes, always carry the name and contact number of your doctor in your bag.
This can save your life just in case you fall ill during flight.