In travelling through planes, it is essential to know and understand the different rules and restrictions that are implemented towards carry-on luggage. It is as important as getting informed about the terms and conditions on air ticket booking.
So for first timers, here are a few reminders in packing your carry-on luggage. Learning these things by heart will surely do you all good and will certainly save you from being questioned by airport officials:
1. There is a definite size for carry-on luggage prescribed by the airlines. Measured by inches, some travellers fail to take into consideration the handle or external pockets of the bags they carry. It has to be understood that these things could also affect the size of the bag and could also be checked.
2. Personal gadgets like cellphones, cameras, music players, laptops and other small items can be put on the carry-on luggage. Purses and reading materials can also be put there.
3. The carry-on luggage should not be bulky. Plane rides are supposed to be comfortable. If you will have a carry-on luggage that is heavy and bulky, it could be an annoyance to you. Much more, it could even be a disturbance to your co-passengers.
4. Liquids and gels inside the carry-on luggage should be declared. Otherwise, it will be confiscated before boarding the plane. However, pledging it does not assure that it would get through. Most airlines only allow 3 ounces of liquid or gel in one carry-on luggage, and this is strictly observed. To avoid this, you must use hygiene items and cosmetics in solid form.
5. Medicines should be added on your carry-on luggage. If it is in liquid or gel form, it should be declared to airport officials for visual inspections. Restrictions on the amount to be brought do not apply in this case though.
6. Sharp objects like knives should be included in the checked luggage. Otherwise, it shall be confiscated. The same condition applies on sports items.
7. There is no way that flammable items and dangerous chemicals can be brought to boarding.
8. It is important to put these basic essentials on your carry-on luggage, on a part where it is safe and can be easily reached. These tickets, along with passports, are the most important things in the flight so better keep it close to you.
9. It should be understood before settling for an air ticket booking that international flights are definitely stricter when it comes to carry-on luggage. Domestic flights, most of the time, do not have limit in the size of the hand-carry, but the other conditions apply.
10. Food is not a restricted item so if you think that you cannot eat what will be served to you during the flight, it is ideal to bring your own meal. However, stinky and messy delicacies should be avoided.
Travelling is not just about air ticket booking. There are other things to consider as well. So learn the things mentioned above by heart for a very safe and unforgettable flight!