Most often, it is curiosity which leads us to travelling to other countries. We hear stories about a certain place and the determination to prove the reality of the bits of information shared to us becomes our constant driving force to purchase air tickets that would bring us there.
So for those who are low-spirited about travelling and are just contented with a trip to the bars during weekend, here are few trivia to ponder on. Maybe, this will lead all of you to finding interest in backpacking and travels:
1. Mount Everest in Nepal continuously grows. Growing an additional of 4mm every year, it seems like it is constantly assuring its title as the tallest peak in the world. At the moment, it measures around 8500-meter tall and it is a very challenging hiking destination for many.
2. If an air ticket to Venice, Italy is unaffordable to you, then perhaps, a trip to Macau will somehow compensate. There is this one famous hotel called The Venetian Macao which allows its guests to enjoy gondola rides like how it is in Venice. It also has a fake ceiling that looks like the real sky, and is equipped with lighting facilities to adapt to the time of the day.
3. There is this phenomenon called the Midnight Sun, wherein for 24 hours, there will be no darkness as the sun will be visible during the whole time. It is visible on some part of countries crossed by the Arctic Circle. It is best seen from Norway.
4. Many people say that seeing Aurora Borealis is one of the must-do before they die. And indeed, it should be because nothing could ever beat the glorious beauty of dancing colors in the night sky. It is best seen on countries in Arctic region like Alaska and Norway.
5. Shoppers who can’t get enough of their favourite activity will love Seoul. In this South Korea city, there are over 25,000 shops which are open 24 hours a day.
6. Backpackers who wouldn’t want to pay high rates of accommodation in Japan can enjoy the ‘Capsule Hotel’. It is definitely cheap and was started to cater the needs of Japanese office workers who missed the train due to overtime.
7. The official name of Bangkok is "Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Yuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit".
8. The world’s highest man-made waterfall is located in Jurong Bird Park in Singapore. It stands 30 meters tall.
9. The Philippines has a great educational system which is relatively cheap compared to other countries’ so students may now settle their enrolment on Philippine universities and book tickets online.
10. There is a huge diversity in language in the Philippines. Aside from the widely spoken Tagalog, there are more than 170 dialects used in the country.
There are lots of mysteries to unearth and trivia to discover about this world we are living in. So make life more interesting! Book tickets online now and see for yourself the wonders of this planet.